2017 WWAMI Big Sky Faculty Development Conference
The Montana WWAMI Faculty Development Conference was held April 7th - 9th at Big Sky Resort. The goal of this conference is to gather Montana physicians affiliated with the Montana WWAMI program and offer faculty development topics pertinent to their role of teaching physicians, particularly as they relate to rural and underserved care.
Presentation topics and speakers included:
- Dealing with the Student in Difficulty - Anne Eacker
- Peer Based Teaching and Pearls for Efficient Teaching - Somnath Mookherjee
- Developing a Teaching Script to Enhance Teaching Efficiency and Using Questioning as a Teaching Tool - Sherilyn Smith
- Teaching and giving Feedback to Millennials - Bruce Peyser
- Teaching Multiple Learners at Different Levels - Nerissa Koehn and Jim Guyer
- How Best to Teach a Variety of Learners (TOPS)
- Reinventing the Community Project
- Primary Care Leadership Track - Dr. Bruce Peyser
- Assessment and Evaluation - Sherilyn Smith
Stipend Information:Limited Travel Stipends/Reimbursements for the WWAMI Big Sky Faculty Development Conference will be available as follows:
- Montana TRUST/WRITE Travelers – WRITE sites hosting students in 2017 have a travel budget from the UWSOM for faculty development. These funds should be used to cover conference expenses for your site’s conference attendees. Montana sites that incur expenses above their allotted travel funding may be reimbursed up to an additional $400 per attendee through Montana TRUST. Attendees must be at the Friday TRUST/WRITE meeting, 10 am-4:30 pm. Otherwise, for those who don’t attend the Friday meeting, the available travel stipend will fall under the MT WWAMI faculty stipend amount (see next bullet) of $250. After invoicing the UWSOM (guidelines here: http://depts.washington.edu/write/site-development/index.html) the MORH/AHEC will process for the additional TRUST/WRITE travel stipend.
Contact Lisa Benzel at email@example.com or 406-660-0246 for more information.
- Montana WWAMI Faculty- The first 50 registrants will be reimbursed up to $250 (receipts must be sent to the MORH/AHEC office to receive reimbursement).
Contact Rachel Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Non-Montana TRUST/WRITE Preceptors – WRITE sites hosting students in 2017 have a travel budget from the UWSOM for faculty development. These funds should be used to cover conference expenses for your site’s conference attendees. Attendees must be at the Friday, 10 am-4:30 pm, TRUST/WRITE meeting. Guidelines to invoice the UWSOM: http://depts.washington.edu/write/site-development/index.html