2018 WWAMI Big Sky Faculty Development Conference
The Montana WWAMI Faculty Development Conference was held April 6th - 8th at Big Sky Resort. The goal of this conference is to gather Montana physicians affiliated with the Montana WWAMI program and offer faculty development topics pertinent to their role of teaching physicians, particularly as they relate to rural and underserved care.
- Hypertension Guidelines: Lessons for Primary Care - Paul James, M.D.
- The Motivational Preceptor How Motivational Interviewing Can Strengthen Primary Care Training - Catherine D. Serio, Ph.D
- Understanding Teaching and Learning Preferences to Maximize Teaching Effectiveness Heather McPhillips, M.D. and Paul Sutton, M.D, Ph.D
- Welcome Rural Programs - Larry Kriven, M.D.; Danielle Bienz, M.Ed. and Michelle Fleming
- Writing Letters of Recommendation for Any Student - Tomoko Sairenji, M.D.
- Advanced Patient Care Clerkships - Tomoko Sairenji, M.D.; Larry Kirven, M.D. and Danielle Bienz, M.Ed.
- TRUST and the Ecology of Health and Medicine - Michael Spinelli, M.D. and Danielle Bienz, M.Ed.
Limited Travel Stipends/Reimbursements for the WWAMI Big Sky Faculty Development Conference will be available as follows:
- Montana TRUST/WRITE Travelers – WRITE sites hosting students in 2018 have a travel budget from the UWSOM for faculty
development. These funds should be used to cover conference expenses for your site’s
conference attendees. Montana sites that incur expenses above their allotted travel
funding may be reimbursed up to an additional $400 per attendee through Montana TRUST.
Attendees must be at the Friday TRUST/WRITE meeting, 10 am-4:30 pm. Otherwise, for
those who don’t attend the Friday meeting, the available travel stipend will fall
under the MT WWAMI faculty stipend amount (see next bullet) of $250.
After invoicing the UWSOM (guidelines here: https://blogs.uw.edu/write under “administration”) the MORH/AHEC will process for the additional TRUST/WRITE travel stipend.
Contact Lisa Benzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-660-0246 for more information.
- Montana WWAMI Faculty- The first 50 registrants will be reimbursed up to $250 (receipts must be sent to the MORH/AHEC office to receive reimbursement).
Contact Rachel Norris at email@example.com for more information.
- Non-Montana TRUST/WRITE Preceptors – WRITE sites hosting students in 2018 have a travel budget from the UWSOM for faculty development. These funds should be used to cover conference expenses for your site’s conference attendees. Attendees must be at the Friday, 10 am-4:30 pm, TRUST/WRITE meeting. Guidelines to invoice the UWSOM: https://blogs.uw.edu/write under “administration”.