The Montana Healthy Communities Conference was held on October 27th and 28th. This 1.5 day conference brought over 200 professionals from the community development and health and human services fields together to address "upstream" factors that influence health. Thank you for helping make the Montana Healthy Communities Conference on October 27th and 28th a success. We are already hearing about new collaborations emerging from the discussions among participants.
- Presentation PowerPoints: We will post presentations to the conference website. You will receive an email notice when the presentations are available. Status: Complete
- Small Group Discussions: We will compile notes from the small group sessions and you will receive a report on the themes and ideas that emerged. Status: Complete
- Webinar Series: The Montana AHEC/Office of Rural Health will host webinars over the next year related to topics and strategies developed during the conference. Status:In progress
- Project Profiles: We will profile promising collaborative projects in more detail, and post them to the Montana Rural Health Initiative website. Status: In progress
- Participant Evaluation: Please watch your email inbox for a formal participant evaluation. Your feedback is very important will help us to plan related follow-up events. Status: Complete
- Social Determinants of Health: How Do We Fare Nationally and in Montana?
- Keynote Address
- Health Sector: Strategies and Opportunities
Moderator: Kristin Juliar, Director for Montana AHEC and Office of Rural Health, Montana State University
- Community Development Sector: Strategies and Opportunities
Sarah Fitzgerald, Chief Lending Officer, Montana CDC
Moderator: Cathy Costakis, Senior Consultant—Built Environment for Montana AHEC and Office of Rural Health, Montana State University
Conference hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, the Montana Health Care Foundation, and the Montana Office of Rural Health and Area Health Education Center at Montana State University.
Additional support for this conference was provided by:
Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS)
The O.P. and W.E. Edwards Foundation
Montana Credit Union Network
Montana Primary Care Association
Mountain Pacific Quality Health Foundation