Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is highly contagious infectious disease caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. CHEG works to address COVID-19 by strengthening the public health infrastructure, preparedness, and response capabilities especially in underserved communities. COVID-19 has disproportionally affected minorities in Montana in both infection and death rate.
The best way to protect yourself and your community against COVID-19 is to get vaccinated. All Montanans aged 5 and older are eligible for the FDA approved Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, and everyone aged 12 and older is eligible for the Moderna or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
- National Rural Health Resouce Center
- National Rural Health Association - COVID-19
- Training and Education Resources
- National Association of Community Health Workers
- Pocket Conversation Guide - Vaccine Hesitancy
- Resources About COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters
- Number of COVID-19 Vaccines Administered in Montana
- COVID-19 Vaccine Availablity and Resources in Montana