Featured IPE Event:
This free virtual seminar will focus on how interprofessional education and practice are integrated into Veterans Health. Hear from experts from the University of Washington and the Montana VA Health System. The seminar will be broadcasted via Zoom.
|Participants from all health professions fields, programs of study, or colleges/universities are welcome to attend.|
|AHEC Scholars will earn 1.5 hours by attending!|
|Healthcare Professionals: A certificate of continuing education for your records and submission to your regulatory body will be offered.|
What is Interprofessional Education?
Interprofessional education is "when students from two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes."
Interprofessional collaborative practice is “when multiple health workers from different professional backgrounds provide comprehensive services by working with patients, their families, caregivers and communities to deliver the highest quality of care across settings”
- World Health Organization, 2010 Framework for Action on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice
Faculty Access to AHEC Scholars Library of Learning
Please view this flyer that describes the AHEC Scholars Program online “Library of Learning”. It contains information about how you can use the Library to easily access healthcare trainings in the form of free webinars, podcasts, TED Talks, etc. for use in your courses.
- If you would like access to the Library of Learning, please send an email to Mandy Hedstrom at email@example.com. She will enroll you into the online platform.
- Once you gain access to the Library, you are welcome to copy and paste the training links into your curriculum.
- We ask that you include the attached Scholars logo in your online curriculum when using the Library content.
- This offer is for faculty only. We will not be enrolling students to utilize the Library at this time. The students that have access to the Library right now are the current AHEC Scholars. If your students are interested in becoming AHEC Scholars, our enrollment process will open again in early Fall 2021.