Membership in the MRHA is open to any individual, health care organization, health professions association, health care facility, local health department, federal agency, state agency, educational institution, business, foundation, or corporation interested in supporting the mission and goals of this association.
A forum for all aspects of rural health care.
The Montana Rural Health Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization working to improve the health of rural Montanans. MHRA is one of the few organizations in the state that offers a forum to bring together all aspects of health care.
The mission of MRHA is to promote a healthy rural Montana by addressing issues of health care delivery, health professions education, public health education, health services, rural health research, and health policy through national, state, and community leadership.
- Provide a better understanding of health and health care problems which are unique to rural Montana
- Provide a forum for the exchange and distribution of ideas, information, research, and methods for improvement of rural health
- Identify rural health needs
- Assist with the development of solutions to rural health problems which are applicable at the community, county, state, regional and national levels
- Encourage research initiatives of importance to rural communities, rural health care facilities, rural health professionals, and rural citizens
- Promote the development of a Montana Rural Health Research Office
- Serve as an advocate for rural health
- Support the development of rural educational opportunities for health professionals
- Serve as a communication and support network for rural health care in Montana
- Support the continuation of the MORH and other offices and organizations promoting and serving rural health
- Establish partnerships with community, state, regional, and national organizations
- Advocate for the continuation of visible and viable Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- Participate as an active member of the National Rural Health Association and the National Association of State Offices of Rural Health
MRHA members have the opportunity to do the following:
- Participate in statewide network of rural health professionals and interested stakeholders
- Help shape MRHA strategies
- Receive timely updates about both state and national rural health issues through:
- Receipt of a MRHA newsletter
- Participation in rural health conferences and forums
- Collaborate with others interested in rural health issues
- Become an effective voice in shaping Montana’s rural health care system
- Receive news alerts from the National Rural Health Association